Functions of the Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers' Association
The Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers' Association represents 5 Pin bowlers across Canada. Those bowlers and leagues who join the Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers` Association are entitled to the following services and benefits provided by the national organization:
Aims & Objectives
- To provide uniform Rules and Regulations to govern the sport of 5 Pin Bowling.
- To assist Provincial/Territorial Associations to establish Local Associations within their boundaries and to effectively serve the member leagues and bowlers within these Local Associations.
- To provide member leagues with vital information and necessary materials to effectively conduct a successful bowling league.
- To provide a comprehensive awards program to reward member bowlers regardless of their ability or skill level.
- To recognize and keep accurate record of special achievements made by member bowlers, such as Record Scores, Perfect Games and Championship victories.
- To conduct a series of tournaments and championships for both average and elite bowlers, which lead to House, Zone, Regional, Provincial/Territorial and National competitions.
- To sanction 5 Pin Bowling Leagues and Tournaments.
- To inspect and sanction 5 Pin Bowling lane-beds and equipment to ensure fair conditions for all bowlers across Canada.
- To monitor and assist the improvement of equipment used in 5 Pin Bowling.
- To aid and assist special interest groups, such as youth, senior citizens, blind, deaf and physically or mentally handicapped, in planning and conducting 5 Pin Bowling programs for their benefit.
- To promote and organize 5 Pin Bowling programs for use by the school teachers and systems in Canada.
- To represent 5 Pin Bowlers in lobbying for government assistance and recognition.
- To encourage private sector and corporate sponsors to contribute to 5 Pin Bowling.
- To develop technical programs to educate and assist the development of qualified instructors, coaches and tournament officials for the sport.
- To work in harmony with other bowling organizations in Canada for the continued growth and betterment of the sport.
- To honour founders, proprietors, technicians, suppliers, volunteer executives, coaches, bowlers and other worthy groups or individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the sport of 5 Pin Bowling.
- To generally publicize and promote the sport of 5 Pin Bowling to the public and media in order to create a broader awareness of the sport.
Supplies & Services
The Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers` Association provides various materials, programs, manuals, and services which are designed to aid member bowlers, leagues, associations and proprietors at minimal cost.
Information or supplies of the following materials will be sent (upon written request) by contacting the Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers` Association national headquarters.
|LEAGUE SECRETARY'S HELPER - contains complete average calculation charts, handicap systems and charts, team schedules, etc.||3.00|
|SAMPLE BOWLING LEAGUE CONSTITUTION - includes model League Rules, League Executive duties, etc.||1.00|
|OFFICIAL C5PBA 5 PIN BOWLING RULE BOOK||5.00|
|OFFICIAL LEAGUE SANCTION APPLICATION||N/C|
|OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SANCTION APPLICATION||N/C|
|OFFICIAL 5 PIN BOWLING EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS MANUAL||3.00|
|PUBLICITY CHAIRMAN'S HANDBOOK - a must for publicity hounds!||1.00|
NOTE: PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION!